Short stories & História Lessons
STORIES THAT TRANSCENDED TIME, AND ITS RELEVANCE IN THE 21st CENTURY
1. MIDAS TOUCH (RATING: N/A)
2. EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES (RATING: N/A)
3. EINSTEIN'S, THE GREAT, CREATIVITY (COMING SOON) - This article will overlap with the following article: Comparative Advantage for Individuals (check out the sections in bold font)
4. FOUNDING FATHERS OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (ADDED 10/9/2015 - WIP & NEW)
5. WHAT IS INTERNET? MYTHOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE (Coming soon)
6. LIKE LEADER, LIKE FOLLOWER - What defines relevant learning?
In this changing world, it is very vital to have leaders, who set an example for his/her followers, & for the organization that they are leading. Even one of the most advanced countries such as USA that has around 320 million people, which amounts to less than 5% of the global population, needs to accept an inter-dependent world. Moreover, technology is providing avenues for weaker sections to grow, and for that to be made possible, it becomes essential to have a group of honest & knowledgeable leaders at the helm. When someone claims that (s)he could change the path of the country all at once, those words need to be taken with a word of caution. The best way for a country to grow would be for their citizens to understand the reality of the situation, & equip themselves with relevant educational & experiential tools to maneuver the changing times. There is a saying, "Like Leader, Like Follower". When the leader is a thief, so would be the followers. This environment might have worked in the past, but not any more with a growing middle class around the world & with technological advancements creating an even playing field around the globe. I would like to share a short story in this regard.
There was a teacher, who saw a young lad with full of energy. He started talking to the youngster, and asked him what he does. The young lad, in turn, mentioned that he excels in what he does, and gets life lessons from a great teacher, who in turn, excels in what he does. The teacher asked the lad, who his teacher, and what they excel in.
Can you guess what they were?
To be cont'd -